Unfortunately, accidents where teeth are damaged occur time and again.
To save your teeth, you should take the following steps:
1. Stay calm and act in a considered way.
2. In case of heavy bleeding, bite on gauze or a handkerchief, place ice cubes on cheek.
3. Depending on the type of tooth injury, proceed as described below.
Tooth knocked out:
- Look for tooth
- Do not touch the root surface, hold the tooth by the crown.
- The tooth must not be cleaned or disinfected.
- Store the tooth moist, preferably in a tooth rescue box. If not close by: place in UHT milk or wrap in plastic foil (e.g. freezer bag) to keep moist. Normal water or saliva are not suitable.
Tooth is loose or displaced:
- Leave the situation as it is and do not manipulate the tooth.
Tooth broken off:
- Find the broken piece and store it in a tooth rescue box or e.g. in UHT milk.
- Tooth fragments can be reattached to the tooth.
Tooth cannot be found after accident:
- Search the surroundings for the tooth
What applies for all cases is: visit a dentist or dental clinic as fast as you can.
- The faster the tooth is replaced, the higher the chance that it will grow again!
- The faster loosened teeth are brought into their normal position, the greater the chance that they will grow!